Saturday, February 25, 2006

The Kite Runner


This is my favorite book and the best book that i have ever read. Here is a small excerpt from the book:
"He turned to me. A few sweat beads rolled from his bald scalp. ‘Would I ever lie to you, Amir agha?’ Suddenly I decided to toy with him a little. ‘I don’t know. Would you?’ ‘I’d sooner eat dirt,’ he said with a look of indignation. ‘Really? You’d do that?’[. . .] there was something fascinating-albeit in a sick way-about teasing Hassan. Kind of like when we used to play insect torture. Except now, he was the ant and I was holding the magnifying glass [. . .] ‘If you asked, I would,’ he finally said, looking right at me. I dropped my eyes. To this day I find it hard to gaze directly at people like Hassan, people who mean every word they say. ‘But I wonder,’ he added. ‘Would you ever ask me to do such a thing, Amir agha?’"

lol... you got to read the book to understand the real theme of the book... anyways try reading it if you get a chance...

1 Comments:

Blogger DaNcePorTaL said...

only the best book ever!!!

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home